Monday, February 9, 2009

Favorite things

I was thinking since I'm not leaving the house lately (due to the fact that I'm coughing, sneezing, can't breath out my nose, and basically feel like cutting off my head) I'd post some of our favorite things lately...

Tom: a ringing phone at the office! non-flouridated water of North Idaho. a day off (with the exception of the cruise, the guy has worked like a dog lately. 4 days at our office, then 2 in Omak where he does hospital cases.)

Kim: The Office-episode after the superbowl. If you didn't see it, go to NBC.COM and watch it. Even if you aren't a follower, you will be after this episode. It is one of the best episodes I've ever seen of any show. I know, I know, that is a big thing to say, but it's true. SO FUNNY! You know it's good when you are watching by yourself, on the computer in your kitchen, and you are busting up laughing!

Jane: Jane is obsessed with our play kitchen food lately. It will entertain her for at least 20-30 minutes (which is a long time for a 1-year-old). When we go to a home with a play kitchen, she is even more in heaven! Why didn't I get her one for Christmas? I'm kicking myself. Costco had the cutest ones and I just thought she'd be more into it next year. Well, she's amazing me. She's so smart.
Tom starts popping the popcorn and she goes into the cupboard, gets the bowl he always uses for it, and hands it to him.
If you are on the toilet, she'll rip off tiny pieces of toilet paper and hand it to you.
Today Braden spilled cereal & milk on the floor and she goes to our cupboard, gets a rag, and comes and starts cleaning it up.
She is just getting her top teeth. Cut one last week and the other is coming soon. 15 months! Tom did 6 crowns on a 16 month old in the hospital on Friday. Crazy.

Braden: vacation days and holidays. It just doesn't go away. The "I don't want to go to school today". Once he is there, he likes it, does well, has friends, etc. But every morning I still have to deal with a grumpy boy who wants to sleep in and stay home and play! This boy looks forward to holidays! Oh, there is one exception... THURSDAYS! Oh blessed thursdays! Thursday is Art. No problems that day.

Cameron: Friends and Computer games. Cameron is getting social. He even rode the bus home with a friend the other day. He wants to play with friends every day of the week. And if he doesn't get friends, he comes home and wants to play computer games. I think this is why I've not gotten a Wii or something like it. I know it'll be all he'll want to do! We're going to give in soon though. Some occasion this year we'll get it, maybe not till Christmas. But they really are so fun. Maybe I'm afraid they'll have a tetris game and I'll be addicted and play more than the kids!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I am so glad everything is going well with Tom's business...even if it keeps him super busy! We have a lot of dentist friends here and I always tell them about your rad office! And the kids are so cute. Jane will still love kitchens come her first birthday or Christmas, I am sure! And for now it is such a novelty! I think our boys would get along well! Good going on not getting the Wii, Zach is like Cameron so much and I am constantly having to monitor the time he is on one game system or the other!