Saturday, September 19, 2009

I hardly ever post b/c I don't feel like there is anything very eventful to post about. Isn't that most of us? I mean, when I started blogging, people were checking blogs, updating, writing comments on an hourly basis. Seriously. I'd write a post and put up some pictures, and within 2 hours check back to see what kind of comments I got. Now I'm lucky if I post once a month.

Well, I've decided to start blogging more. I don't need to blog about the big things, just the little things. I'm working on turning my first year of blogs into a book, like a family journal, on Blurb. And now I'm sad that my posts have become so infrequent, and because I don't post as much, I find I don't take as many pictures. And because I don't take pictures, in turn I don't blog (because I love pictures on blogs). So my new resolution is to do both more! I need to remember all the little things about my kids that I'm NOT writing down!!! So here's a start:

Jane loves books. I'm going to start taking her picture when I find her with books. She is seriously obsessed. She brings us books no matter where we are. She has about her favorite dozen memorized. I find her in her room or the toy room on her tummy reading them sometimes. And if you listen, she's really reading them (well, the best she knows how based on pictures)! This week, I took her to heaven....the library. She LOVED it!!! It was so funny. She just kept bringing me book after book. And she was so excited she would only let me get through about 2 pages and then she'd close it and go get another one. Then after reading for about 20 minutes, we went to story time. Again, loved it! Oh, I'm so enjoying this little girl. When it's just me and her all day at home, I feel like I did when I just had Cameron at home and we just played. I am actually thinking about starting a little music class at my house like I did at student housing. Jane would love it. It's so fun seeing things come alive in her eyes.

The boys both scored a goal in their soccer games today. They were SO happy! Cameron said, "Mom, it's cause I was SO aggressive." After he scored, he got a huge grin on his face and sheepishly made his way back to his spot on the field.
Braden scores and turns to me and Tom and jumps up and down yelling "YES", while streching his arms high in the air. It's pretty cute. I must capture it on film while it's still okay to cheer for yourself like that.
I'll bring the camera to next weeks game and hope for the same outcome!

Last eventful thing this week...
My sister, Emily, adopted a beautiful baby boy. After hearing about a situation only a week before the mother was to have a c-section, a massive chain of events unfolded and many miracles took place, resulting in baby Jacob joining their family. www.samandemily.blogspot.com Read about it if you are bored and want a blog to surf to. Start with the "Adoption background" post and read about their journey the last 2 weeks. It's not long, but it is amazing. We are so thrilled!

5 comments:

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

these are my favorite kinds of posts!

I hope you are on google reader and also getting your comments emailed to you...

Heather said...

Kim I always see when you have a new post and enjoy reading them. You're in my Google reader as well! It's crazy how old Jane is getting! Congratulations to your sister!! My sister also adopted and it's such a blessing.

Colleen said...

More Kim blogging would be great! Your kids are just wonderful, and it sounds like you are all really enjoying life! Congrats to your sis!

Heather and Adam Parry said...

I love what you said about your blog. I have the same feelings. I have always thought of my blog as my family journal and would love to convert my blog also. Let me know how it goes.
Wow, how cute of your boys to score goals in the soccer game. I can still remember when they wouldn't even step on the field without you. They are so aggressive.

Susan May said...

Kimmy-

I feel the same way about blogging/journaling/scrap booking. I have come to realize that whatever I can do will have to do... not that I can't try harder to be more consistent, but anything is better than nothing! :-)

Love Jane's book addiction! :-)