Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Big Day

So this morning was a morning of firsts for each of my boys. We got up and got ready and took Cameron to his first day of Kindergarten. I'm sure many of you reading this had a similar experience this morning in your home as well! Cameron was so excited! He picked out his clothes last night and layed them out on his floor. We live about a block from the school so we walked to school and dropped him off. His teacher is just so cute. Her name is Mrs. English. She is a morning kindergarten teacher and also the vice principal of the school. I was really impressed with her. It was really hard to leave the classroom...I just about cried. This is just the beginning, right? The minute we got home, Braden says to me, "Mom, lets take off my training wheels. You can help me and I can do it. Jackson can ride with no training wheels and he is four so I can do it too." I jumped on the opportunity b/c we've been trying to get him to take them off, but he hasn't been interested. So I took them off and took him to the cul-de-sac and off he went. He can't turn on his own yet, but man, he totally got it! I didn't even have to help except to stop! I think I underestimate my second child sometimes.



5 comments:

Amy M. said...

Kim, Cameron is such a big boy now, I can't believe it. I remember when he was a baby. I almost got teary when I read about starting kindgergarten. Will Braden start next year, same as Sam? Speaking of Braden, that's awesome is riding his bike without training wheels.

Courtney said...

I still have another year before Lucy goes, sometimes I wish she were old enough already so I can get her out of the house, but most of the time I get really sad when I think about it.

Natalie said...

Wow, two milestones in one day. Why do kids grow up so fast (sniff sniff)?

cat said...

cam looks so cute! i can't believe our boys are going to kindergarten! and yeah for braden!

team howey said...

How fun! Thanks for your blog...it took me back to the days of Tucker learning to ride in good ol' Liberty Lake. Congrats to you and Cameron on kindergarten.