Saturday, September 22, 2007

New and Improved

So I've been working lately on getting our baby's room and the office all finished. So hopefully these pictures look different than the last ones I posted.
So this is the office now. We got this furniture at Office Depot a few weeks ago. I actually picked out this desk b/c I loved it, and when I went back to buy a chair, they were clearancing out the whole set...everything you see here...for $300.00. So basically I saved like $1500 off the retail price. I was totally excited and now love our office. We would have never gotten it if it wasn't for the great steal of a deal! Please refer to the last posting with our home pictures and note the difference of our old office and this one.
This is an updated picture of the baby's room. The only thing you can't see is the dresser with changing pad. I wish it would fit into the picture b/c it's actually really cute! I'm hoping when my mom comes when I have the baby, she can help me make some cute curtains to match the crib bedding. I've never made curtains and I know it's not too hard, but I'm not that adventurous right now!
So that's about it.
Life updates: less than 6 weeks till baby girl (we are probably naming her Jane Ashley....I have to say probably b/c I never quite know till I see the baby). My doctor (Dr. Woods...same doctor as in Seattle...how lucky for me he moved to Coeur d'Alene), is going to induce me a week early b/c he's going to be out of town at his grandbaby's baby blessing the week of my due date. I'm not complaining. So if she doesn't come before, November 1st is the date.
I had a blast with old dental/blakeley friends at "Time out For Women" in Boise. Took a road trip with some girls and left the family for 3 days. Very refreshing and much needed. I'm always a better mom for doing things like that. Highly recommend!

The neighbor boy is talking to us again. That's right. It only took a week before he knocked on our door and said he could ride bikes with the boys outside, just not play at our house. We didn't do anything but smile and try to be friendly...guess they came to their senses and realized we weren't that bad after all. Or their son made them crazy being inside all day b/c the only kids he ever played with he was now banished from. Either way, it's great. No more inside, just bikes outside...best of both worlds!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Does everyone move to Coeur d'Alene? We ran into your friends the Tembricks last week. They used to live here.

Evelyn said...

Really cute rooms, Kim. You've done a great job. And that is so exciting that your due date is almost here! Jane is one of my favorite names! Nice choice!

Amy M. said...

Nice work on the rooms. That crib bumper is really cute. Sweet score on the office furniture. I'm dying that Dr. Woods moved to CDA. How funny. I'm hoping you guys will want to do Time Out for Women again next year - I missed out. Oh, I love the name Jane too. It's Ella's middle name.

Natalie said...

Nice score on the office furniture! Don't you love it when you get great deals? Your office looks really good. And I love the nursery. That baby is so lucky to come into your family. I'm jealous that you got Dr. Woods again! He was my best OB, by far (and I've had a different doctor with each kid)! One more thing - thanks for recommending the Sisterhood of the Traveling pants series. I just finished them and really enjoyed them :)

cat said...

it was good to see you in boise, it was a lot of fun! i am excited that you will be able to see your little girl soon.

Vic, Linds, and the girls... said...

Hey you guys!!This is Lindsay Ream from the old ward. I ran into your blog...and thought that I would say hi!! Congrats on another baby...a girl so fun!! Your boys are darling!! I can't believe how big they have gotten. our blog is vicandlindsay.blogspot.com feel free to check it out. I will check back and see the updates. I hope you don't mind!

Susan May said...

Hi Kim. I also love your office and the baby's room. I am actually trying to start a blog to see what it is like. I'm getting frustrated trying to put pictures on my layout though -- the spot to get them from my computer is messed up. Any suggestions?? Hope you are feeling well! It was great to talk to you the other day.

Las Vegas Hulet Family said...

I don't know, I kinda like the old office beter!