Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Our house

So my sister, Kate, has been begging me to post pictures of the inside of our house. Since it may be a while before anyone gets to actually see it, I agreed, and finally I'm getting around to it. So this is for you, Kate!
This picture is taken in the family room and looking into the kitchen. To the left is a sliding door that goes to our backyard. Note the puzzle on the table...it's 1000 pieces. Tom is out of town this week from Sunday till Wednesday night and so I started it. I'm pretty pathetic, huh?
This picture is taken from the kitchen, into the family room. Note...we still have the same green couch we got when we got married! Don't worry, it's one of the first things to go!

This is our lovely den/office where we still have full boxes of things. I'm happy to say, I'm getting a computer desk (Thanks Tom for the birthday present!) and it's really cute. It comes in tomorrow and then I'll put all the boxes in the garage and have a place to organize all our computer "junk" and mail and stuff. I will get to empty a few of the office boxes into the desk. this room will look totally different in 24 hours...hopefully!
This is my baby room. I just got it put together (except I put the crib together without Tom to surprise him and did it wrong, so we have to fix it still). So I need some help...I bought all these baskets for the shelf and can't decide which ones to use. I think I like the wicker ones with the pink...adds color. Don't worry, I'm not arranging them like that. Oh, and the material hanging on the crib(you can't see it very well) is what I'm going to make a crib skirt out of. I'm doing the green w/pink flowers for the skirt and the pink for a sheet.
This is our bedroom. Pretty boring, huh? we have some hand-me-down bedside tables and a bed. It works.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

I like it. It's great having your own space finially.

Evelyn said...

It looks so nice and spacious Kim. I bet you are so thrilled to have such a great home. I wish I had one!!

team howey said...

Admittedly I really liked your home in Sugarhouse, but I guess this one will do! :) It's so fun to see pictures of homes, and I love housing styles in the northwest. How funny to see that green couch, takes me back 6 years to your first apartment on 8th! Ha!

Chereebee said...

LOVE the inside of your house!!! It's so cute to see a little GIRL room - it's SO FUN having a girl - you'll LOVE it!!
ps I like the wicker baskets with pink :)

Amy M. said...

It's so nice and open.! So fun to see where you live.

cat said...

kim - it's beautiful! i also vote for the pink-liner baskets. the fabric looks like it will be perfect.

Alicia L. said...

I love your house! Love your kitchen! Love the floors. What a great space. You'll have to post more pictures of the nursery once you get it done. I like the wicker baskets as well. Adds a little color and texture.

Natalie said...

Your home is so beautiful!