Monday, October 10, 2011

proud moment

So Braden decided to do Cross country this year. It's a simple, fun way to exercise and it is just 45 minutes after school 4 days/week for one month. He's been such a trooper! First of all, he's doing soccer this fall and after one of the practices I was telling him how well he was doing, and he said, "mom, I'm not very fast. Do you think if I did cross country it would make me a faster runner?" I told him it absolutely would. So he signed up. He hasn't wanted to do it any other year so i was super surprised, and happy that he would take the initiative.

Every day he runs 4 laps, which is 2 miles, and every day he loves it!

During his timed miles, he got a 10:28 the first time, and then a 9:00 the second. I thought that was pretty decent for a 3rd grader. Well, the district cross country race was last week and man, was it a zoo. There were over 1000 runners from the district grades K-5. Braden had about 150 kids running his heat. He found his BFF, Jackson before the race started, and to my surprise, kept up with him the entire way! He ended up running around 7:40! That boy worked SO dang hard and ran his little heart out. I'm so proud of him for trying so hard and giving it his all. This was a HUGE step for him. Go Braden!


No comments: