Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm back...at least for today

I always have these high hopes for blogging/journaling and make lofty goals to do it, only to disappoint myself a few weeks later by totally and completely flopping!

Here goes try # 179.

We had a crazy summer, to say the very least. We were gone about every other week with a family reunion or something like that. I'm all about posting pictures, but tonight that seems very overwhelming. It's hard to catch up on a whole summer full of travels. So I'll do a brief re-cap, and then update the here and now.

June 4: Braden got baptized! What a great day for him. Very special. Grandpa and Grandma Dance came from Seattle. Thanks guys!

June 11: Moses Lake Triathlon and 10 K. Tom did the Tri, I did the 10K! We had a fun weekend in Moses lake with Tom's family! It was fun watching so many Dance family members cross the finish line. At the end of the race, the director told us to all sign up together next year and he'll give us a discount!

June 17: Over to Seattle to welcome Jake home from his mission! Welcome home Elder Dance! What a fun filled weekend, playing with cousins and just having a blast!

June 22: Drove BACK to Seattle where Tom and I flew out to SPAIN!!! Spent 10 days out of the country with some of our favorite Utah peeps! What a trip. My first time using a passport, and it was well worth it! Super fun trip with lots of memories.

4th of July: Got home from Europe just in time to spend the 4th in Seattle with our kiddos and Tom's family once again. Man, when it rains, it pours. Either feast or famine when it comes to seeing family. I prefer the feast!

July 16th: My first TRIATHLON! Very exciting for me. Thanks to my good friends who ran with me and kept me going! It was a great experience, and actually fun too!

End of July: Dance family reunion in Paris!!! well, paris, idaho that is. LOTS of driving - 9 hours down and 9 back, but well worth the memories of being with the Dance extended family. So fun to see all the cousins and spend time with everyone we haven't seen or connected with in so long.

2 weeks later: Back in the car for a trip to Utah for the Headlee family reunion. I won't lie, I was most excited for this trip! My parents got home from their mission the beginning of July and this was the first time we got to see them. THey finally got to meet Paige! I loved being with my family so much, and my kids were in heaven with their cousins (when Jane wasn't torturing some of them). What a fun week of adventures! I drove by myself down there, and Tom flew in for the last 3 days of the reunion.

2 weeks later: My birthday!! I'm 33...ugh! And, I flew out this day to New York to visit my grandma Edie. LONGEST. TRIP. EVER. but well worth it!!! So fun to see grandma, and my parents were there to top it off. Got to spend time with my sister in NY and her kids, and got to show my kids where I grew up! They haven't been there in a good 4 years so they have zero memories of the place. It was amazingly beautiful and one of the best trips of the summer!

Got home just in time for Labor Day and to get ready for school. WHEW! I'm tired just thinking about it all over again. I thought and thought about how I could have simplified my summer, once it was all over, and realized there was nothing I could have done. I wouldn't have missed any of the reunions, the homecoming, my europe get-away with tom (and NO kids) was extremely needed, and the time with my grandma priceless.
BUT with that being said, next summer we are staying in Coeur d'Alene and welcoming any visitors! We just got a boat so we'll spend next summer on the lake at home, not away!

No comments: