Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Where is Omak?

Tom works some weekends in Omak doing hospital cases Friday and Saturday. We decided that this trip we'd take the kids and go explore Omak. It is about a 3 hour drive from CDA. What is there to do there? Well, we stayed in a pretty nice place so we enjoyed the Continental breakfast (twice the first morning...the kids were up by 7 so we ate at 7:15 and then again at 9:30), swimming in the pool, we went bowling, to the Dollar store, visited Dad at work, went to the library, out to dinner, and swam and swam some more. It was a great little get-away and the kids had fun!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

I never thought Omak could be so fun! I love Jane's little suit! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's been a long time since I heard of or thought about Omak. My Grandpa lived in Okanogan (which is right by Omak) for years. Every winter and summer my brother and I would go visit for a few weeks. There wasn't a lot to do, but we sure had fun with the cows. :)

the Lola Letters said...

So fun, you guys are seriously such great parents. I love your blog! So many good ideas - babysitting co-op? so. great.

Things have been crazy with the Love Swap and I really appreciated your kind/encouraging words! I've decided to take on one more fundraising projectfor MWB and then I REALLY am going to take a break from all the "crazy"!

How are you guys doing?
I still can't get over how amazing Tom's office is. He's lucky that he married a genius with r.i.d.i.c.u.l.o.u.s taste!

Jen Webley said...

Hey Kim ' I was blog surfing and found yours and believe it or not I grew up in Omak and my dad still lives there! Hey how do you like Couer d'Alene we might be moving there soon. But closer to the
sandpoint area. Shane might work on the bypass going on up there. Nothing is set though. just in the infant stages. Good to see that you are doing well!
Jen Webley