Thursday, January 8, 2009

The holidays are over, but the vacation isn't. After returning to school on Monday, the schools decided to close Tuesday and Wednesday b/c of the weather. It's been a wild winter. We got so much snow, which then turned to rain this week.The schools closed to remove snow from roofs of schools and to clear sidewalks since kids were walking in the streets due to the 3 1/2 feet covering the sidewalks. I'm SO glad to have the kids back in school! Not that I don't love my children, it's just that after 2 1/2 weeks of vacation (yes, we got a few extra days before the vacation due to snow as well), I'm ready to be back in normal "mom" mode.

Recap on the holidays... (I'll be posting pictures soon)

Christmas at home. It was great! I will admit, our first Christmas at home with NO other family around was quiet and a tad lonely. Tom called his family who were all partying together and I could tell he was a tid bit jealous they were all together.

It was all fine though, because the next day they drove over here to go skiing up at Schweitzer for a few days with us! It was a real blast. We stayed in a condo on the mountain and just enjoyed being together and playing and skiing. Cameron and Braden were in heaven with cousins Dallin and Anne Marie and especially uncles and aunts! (They worship Uncle Jonny & Jacob!)

After that fun party, we decided we hadn't had enough family time so we drove back with the Dance's to Seattle and spent New Years with everyone there. It was great to see extended family as well. We don't ever see them all except holidays or weddings (which there was a double wedding reception on the night of the 2nd as well, Congrats Amanda & Megan!)

Tom flew home the night of the 1st to work the 2nd, and I drove home by myself (in between snow storms over the pass) on the 3rd. It was a really quick trip (sorry all you Seattle friends I didn't get to see!!! I swear, next time i come I'm planning a few extra days so we can go to some museums with the kids, or just an adults night out!)

This last monday at the office we got 31 new patients! It was amazing! Not every day is like that, but I think with the new year and kids back in school parents were thinking about it. We'll see how the week adds up but as of wednesday we're at 52 for the week. We hired another assistant full time (so we're at 1 front office and 2 assistants) and we're thinking of another front office/assistant to come on soon. It's been really exciting. Every month is better than the month before. We feel so blessed!

Well, enough of my blabbering. I've decided to print my blogs every year into a book. It's going to be our family "journal" of sorts as to the comings and goings of our lives. So my new years goal is to be better about posting!

4 comments:

Amy said...

We had two scheduled weeks off with the kids and I was sooo ready to send them back...Happy New Year!

Brooke said...

You are such a happening mom--you go everywhere. And so brave driving on a snow covered pass all by your lonesome! my commisserations on your EXTRA long Christmas break. I love my boys, but I can tell you that it felt like my holiday was just beginning when I put them on the bus Monday morning!

Colleen said...

The Dance family is so great, I understand why they were missed, but the after Christmas vacation sounds so fun! And congrats on the success you guys are having!

Carson and Anne said...

What a ton of snow!! Sounds like you had a great Christmas and New Years. We look forward to seeing you all at the reunion this summer. Hopefully you can find a break from all those new patients!
-Carson