Friday, May 16, 2008

A taste of summer

It's finally warming up! We've enjoyed a few 80+ degree days and will get a few more before it cools off again next week. So today I made a major Costco run. What did I get? Well, water bottles, strawberries, sunscreen, watermelon, some food storage (yeah, we'll save that for another post) in addition to the "regulars". I've already picked up my huge, double beach towel and beach umbrella, to go with my buckets, shovels, and the sand at the beach!

What else comes with this time of year? Well, we've already planted a few shrubs and annuals, and will enjoy a fun Saturday planting the garden!

Can you tell I'm just REALLY happy that it's warm? After enduring the longest winter in history (quite literally), with very few complaints, I think we all deserve some sun! (Braden is riding our neighbors motorcycle.)
On another note, we are quite excited that our dad comes home today! Tom's been gone for the week and now he'll be home for a whole month before he has to travel again! Yipee! Although he will be working on the new business, which will be crazy for him, but at least he'll be here at bedtime.
I had to post a few of Jane. She's sitting up, eating food (thus the messy face), and just really brings so many smiles to everyone in our family! She loves her brothers so much and they both think that they are her favorite!

7 comments:

Logan said...

Love the blog. Our garden just got planted too. Kim, we want to come see you guys!!! We're thinking about driving over there some time around June 27th or so from Seattle?

Marielle said...

Love your blog. I haven't checked in a while, and wow you guys have a lot going on! The basement is amazing. The fort is a kid's dream! Exciting about the new business too. Good luck with it! I hope the sun keeps shining for you!

dupaix5 said...

Jane just getting cutter and cutter. I am with you about it finally warming up YEAH!

Patty said...

We are enjoying our warmer weather here too. Cute kiddo's. Jane is getting so big. Time sure flies.

Traci said...

She is so adorable...I can't believe how much she has grown lately! Your boys are also looking so handsome!

cat said...

what cute pictures! it was 90 here last weekend and it was so fun to get a taste of summer.
jane looks adorable, you HAVE to let me know where you got that little pink headband (the one in the pic and i think she wore it to er's house)

Harris said...

So cute!!! It is so great to be able to get out of the house and play outside. Jane looks so adorable all of the time. I'm glad you guys came up with a good plan- that will be a fun adventure. Are you guys going to the reunion?