Thursday, May 29, 2008

Braden's Birthday

Thank you everyone for your birthday suggestions! It definately gave me some ideas...in the end I got him
1. a new pair of Keen sandals for summertime

2. a mini skateboard for the cul-de-sac (to add to the bloody knees of summer)

3. a boogie board (for the hours we spend each week at the lake)

4. a playground ball for the back yard (kickball anyone?)

We had a "party" at Jump-a-Lot. The kids had a blast.

We topped it off with a Pizza Party at our favorite pizza place. We took over the place but the kids had a great time!

I can't believe my little boy is 5 years old!

Braden is such a sweet boy. He really is my tender hearted kid. He loves babies and the other day asked me if he could go next door to play with baby Jackson (our darling 1 year old neighbor). He is my kid that is SO stubborn. He is very particular about what he wears. He could spend an hour in front of the mirror doing his hair (wetting it, re-wetting it, combing it, re-combing it). He takes his own sweet time when we do anything (there is no such thing as "Braden, quickly jump in the car"...he needs sufficient warning so he can finish whatever he is doing). He is my kid that you can bribe to do about anything for a piece of candy (including quickly getting in the car)! Then when he gets the candy, he'll bite it in half and give half to you if you ask. He will do ANYthing for his sister Jane, who he just adores!

I love that boy!



4 comments:

Heather said...

Braden is such a sweet boy! I can't believe he's 5 either. wow! I laugh that he spends hours in front of the mirror. :)

dupaix5 said...

I can't believe Braden is 5 AHhh! His party looked like fun. Great gift Ideas for Kameron... His birthday is coming up at the end of the month. Is Braden going to start Kindergarten this year?

Heather and Adam Parry said...

Wow five already.
I just had to tell you what Curtis said the other day. He was bummed because not many kids were around to play with. He said that he wished Cameron was here to play with. It was so cute.
Hope things are going well for you, the family and the business.

Colleen said...

Five years old! He is such a good looking kid! Glad the party was fun.