Monday, March 3, 2008

Rollerskating

So Lizzy and I decided to take the kids rollerskating the other day when we had company. The kids had a blast. Cameron ate the floor a million times but got right back up and sprinted off! Anyways, as we were getting ready I decided to grab my rollerblades in the garage...save a few bucks on rentals. So i grab them out of a cupboard out there and notice it kindof stinks in there. I turn over my rollerblades and shake them thinking, "I hope there is nothing dead in there." Nothing comes out. I walk to the car and think to myself, "I'm going to do that one more time, just in case." So i open it up wider and give it a good shake. Well, my instincts were right...out comes a dried up mouse. I scream and throw the rollerblade. Then I run to the car, tell Tom to have it cleaned up when I get home, and decide to rent skates. I guess they lasted 9 years, those good old rollerblades of mine! Can I ever wear them again? Never! I shiver at the thought of putting them on and feeling something in there. If I hadn't done the second shake, I would have.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Oh that's so yucky!! I'm so glad you decided to check it out again before putting your foot inside.

dupaix5 said...

At least there was just one, my friend got her rollerblades out of the garage for her daughter and there were a bunch of baby mice inside. I'll be sure next time I get my rollerblades out, to give them a good shake or two. Thanks for the good laugh Kim.

Las Vegas Hulet Family said...

So funny Kim! That reminds me of the time that mom put on a dress and felt somthing hitting her leg. It was a mouse that had crawled up inside her hem and died! Great times!

Natalie said...

Oh, I am so glad you did that second shake! Those pesky mice!!!

Harris said...

Oh my heck! I think I might have peed my pants! Now I will be super paranoid anytime I take something out of the garage. Mice are the sickest thing ever!!!

Amy M. said...

My worst nightmare! Just imagine if you stuck your foot inside! I hate mice and rats.

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

You posted the story! YEAH! I wish I had been there. I probably would have peed my pants laughing and screaming.