Monday, March 3, 2008

Fun times?

So lately when I get on my blog I ask myself, Why did I name it "fun times in the lives of..."? Because lately I've been thinking it needs to be renamed, "Scary times in the lives of..." or "What's next for the lives of...". Yes, the Dance's are going through a time of change. I haven't blogged lately b/c it's pretty much consumed my thoughts and I didn't want to write when we are so uncertain as to what we are doing. Basically we are going through a job change. Most dental friends reading this will probably relate. We needed to have a DSAW (the dental wives club) lecture about what to do when you finish school, take a job, work for a few months, and it doesn't work out. So pretty much we "are seeking other opportunities". Or in other words, things were still slow and Tom's future partner decided he didn't want a partner. We were really okay with everything...it all made sense...we told ourselves it would all be okay, but then a few days later when it really hits, so does the freak outs! So what are our options now, you may ask? Well, in 2 1/2 weeks we are job-less. Tom has a job opportunity to work for a guy in Spokane Valley, about 25 minutes from here. It's not full-time, but enough to pay the bills and hold us over till we figure out what we will be doing more permanantly. We may start our own thing (I know, crazy, huh?) or buy out an existing. Fun times? not really. But that's okay, we'll figure it out soon...we have to!

11 comments:

tiff said...

i need to call you or you give me a call if you're thinking about it.

Rhandi said...

If anybody can find a way to make it all work out we know that you and Tom can! Sorry to hear the news. You guys are awesome and we know it WILL work out. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Alissa Maxwell said...

Hi Kim,
I was just reading your blog (linked from Colleen's) - cute, cute, cute kiddos! We've never met, but I'm one of the Newport High bunch. Not sure how "wide" your search is, but my dad is a dentist in Bellevue. He keeps saying that he'd like to retire soon, but isn't actively seeking a buyer for his practice. I could put you guys in touch with him if you're interested. Email me: alissa_maxwell at yahoo dot com.
Good luck!
Alissa (Boettcher) Maxwell

team howey said...

Hey Kim, no one knows the ups and downs like we do. So much for graduating, building your custom home, and sit back while the funds roll in! If you want to talk, give me a call. I can't say it'll work out how you imagine, but I promise it'll work out all the same. It's absolutely amazing how things have fallen in and out of place for us, and we've ended up where we are supposed to be.
love er

Alicia L. said...

Oh Kim, that is so frustrating! It will work out though. Take comfort in the fact that Tom is well educated and he's good at what he does. It will be ok. I feel your pain though. We're four months away from graduating and still don't have any solid employment opportunities lined up! Crazy reality! Keep us posted on what happens.

Natalie said...

I bet you'll be able to look back on this someday and see it as a great opportunity! I'm glad there's some work to get the bills paid to tide you over. Good luck - I'll be thinking of you!

Evelyn said...

So sorry it didn't work out! Knowing Tom, he'll probably find a wonderful opportunity right around the corner, but I know it's very scary times when you are in the middle of it. I'm almost glad that Blake's in school right now so I don't have to worry about business! who knew dentistry could be so challenging???

dupaix5 said...

Kim, I'm sorry to hear about all this, I'm sure you guys are going crazy. I know everything will work out for you guys, sometimes I know we wonder why things didn't work out, but in the end it some how working out better. You guys will be in our prayers. please call if you need anything, or want to talk.

Harris said...

Kim- Isn't it funny how things don't always go the way we think or hope they will. I'm sorry, it can be so super stressful. We will be thinking about you guys. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Ruby said...

I'm sorry. You and Tom are two of the hardest workers I know. You will manage something!

Amy M. said...

It's crazy how many people this happens to in dentistry.