Monday, December 21, 2009

Twas the first day of break and all through the house...

Kids were going crazy and NOT quiet like a mouse!
We stayed in our PJ's, took naps, ate neighbors treats.
The kids were bored, not obeying, not too sweet.

So, funny story, kindof:
Friday night, a girl in our ward did a fundraiser with some other girls (to raise money for needy families this Christmas). They sold babysitting tickets and we, of course, bought three, one for each kid. There were about 40 kids there, total. It was organized chaos. But they had a blast!

Well, 24 hours later, the "fun" began. Saturday night, about 6 families children who were at the babysitting night (that's just so far that I've talked to), were up with their kids puking all night long. Sunday, I thought we had escaped it. My kids all felt great and were happy as could be. Then while we were at church, Jane threw up ALL over me. She continued to throw up every hour till about 10:00pm last night. Then, all night long she woke up crying. Her tummy hurt and she was thirsty. I gave her little sips of water throughout the night and finally this morning at 6am after 8 hours of no throwing up, I let her have some crackers and more water. Basically, she slept with me and about 2am Tom went into her bed.

Now I have secluded our family from any others for the next 24 hours to make sure it is OVER. It was so quick spreading I don't dare go anywhere, for fear of spreading it to some other poor soul.

We are all going crazy, ready for dad to get home from work to entertain us, and it's only 3:30 in the afternoon. Hopefully tonight will be uneventful, restful, and then tomorrow we can go play!

1 comment:

Carrie Jeffrey said...

oh, no! just in time for christmas! good luck - hope you all feel better soon!