Thursday, November 19, 2009

IT'S A...


Healthy little baby! I had my ultrasound today and I got to see the little one moving all around. Healthy, all the parts in their correct places, and pretty cute too! But I'm biased as the mother!

What is the gender? Well, that we will all have to wait until D-Day. That's right. We didn't find out. We have two boys, one little girl, and we'll be thrilled with whatever comes next. We've never been surprised and just thought it would be really fun this time!
Funny though, how much of an opinion everyone has on the subject! I think I have only had one or two people actually say, "oh, that's fun!" Everyone else gives me the, "you are one of those" or "why would you do that" or "just put it in an envelope and give it to me so I can know" (the most popular phrase yet believe it or not)! But the truth is, I don't care what others think. I'm 100% satisfied knowing everything is healthy at this point and really look forward to finding out upon delivery!

12 comments:

Colleen said...

Healthy is all you need to know! How wonderful! I am excited for d-day to arrive so we know if it's a sis or bro for those sweet Dance kids.

Heather said...

Kim, if I had kids of both genders I wouldn't find out either. I did mostly because I wanted to have clothes for the correct gender ahead of time. It would be fun to be surprised. Most people I worked with thought I was crazy to find out the gender when I was pregnant. My manager said, "there aren't many time in life when you can truly be surprised" and so she didn't find out with any of her 3.

We're so excited to have another little cousin for Brennan and niece or nephew to play with.

Unknown said...

Tom told me Monday when I had the kids in his office you were not going to find out!! That is exciting but I could never do it! We did the whole envelope thing but I had similar pregnancies with the girls so I knew! Congrats on a healthy baby!!

Carey Underwood said...

I didn't find out with any of my 3 kids and it made delivery day so exciting. Everyone around us waited in anticipation for the baby to arrive! Very exciting! Congrats!

Amy M. said...

Yes, healthy is what matters. Like you said, you have at least one of each, so either way is good.

Susan May said...

Everyone has an opinion! When I was teaching my students were worried that I wouldn't be prepared (mostly with clothes I think) but I had enough pink within weeks to keep Marisol dressed for years :-) It is fun not to know... When Gerry was born this past summer, I was the one who got to exclaim, "It's a boy!" What a great moment...

cat said...

how did i miss that you were pregnant? congrats! i am excited for you guys. hope that you are feeling well.

Rhandi said...

Kim- you are awesome for not finding out! I hope that we can do that someday! I want to with our next but it might be hard with 2 boys. You rock! I can't wait to find out- I hope that you are feeling well.

Gatten Gang said...

I am so happy for you and your little..healthy baby! I really love the waiting until delivery..that is all we had when my babies were born. I think when everyone finds out now it is sort of anti-climactic at delivery. Good for you! J

Alea said...

You shouldn't care what other people think! It's your baby! And although I agree with you that other opinions don't count, I'm going to give you mine anyway :) I think that is way fun!! I keep trying to convince Zach that once/if we have one of each, on the next pregnancy we don't find out. The ultimate surprise!! Congratulations Kim!!

Carrie Jeffrey said...

that's so fun! you remember waiting with me to see what kaylee was?

the Lola Letters said...

Ha ha ha! I DO think that's fun!

And hey, you have the clothes/ set up for both, so why not!?