Monday, November 9, 2009

Cameron's big day

We have had a CRAZY couple of weeks in our house. Maybe not so much for everyone else but at least for me! It started with Jane's birthday last week, then I hosted book group at my house and fed everyone Cafe Rio salads. Then I prepared for Cameron's birthday (one week later), did some last minute shopping, had a family party with him on the 5th, and then a friends party on the 6th. Let me tell you, 7 eight-year-olds = chaos! At least Cam had a blast!

The next morning we woke up and got ready for a very special day...baptism day. We didn't get to celebrate one baptism, but two!! Cameron's lifelong friend, Kate, was getting baptized the same day. They are 6 weeks apart and have been friends since they were born! Lizzy and I met in dental school when we were both pregnant with these guys! So anyways, we went to Kate's baptism that morning, at 10:00, then went over to their house for lunch. Tom's parents came in about 2pm and we hung out with them until Cameron and Tom had to go to the church to get ready for Cam to get baptized at 5:00pm.
Cameron and Kate right after Kate's baptism.

Just before going to the church with dad and grandpa.

All dressed in white.
Right after the baptism. Can you tell how much my kids LOVE having their picture taken?


Kate came to Cam's baptism too!

After the day was over, we decided to celebrate by taking Jane to a sitter and going out to Red Lobster! Cameron and Kate LOVE shrimp and got the bottomless shrimp. Man, did they put it down! Here they are toasting with their root beers!
What a great weekend! We really had a blast with Grandma, grandpa, and Jonny coming to celebrate with us! But today I'm in my PJ's and am going to stay that way! :)

3 comments:

Maria Dance said...

Looks like it was a wonderful and crazy weekend. You are so good at making events special Kimmy! Will you plan my next bday party? JK! Can't wait to see you on Saturday!

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

Thanks for blogging! I miss you and your totally awesome family. I haven't been catching up on blogs like I should, and I feel totally out of the loop because of it! Soccer, coaching, new truck, birthdays, baptisms, book club, halloween, where has the time gone? I miss you guys! I can't wait for the next girls weekend in CDA!

Susan May said...

I don't blame you for staying in your PJ's on monday! You have been busy! At least it is all fun stuff :-)