Friday, December 5, 2008

Life lately...

I love to host! Over Thanksgiving weekend we had some very fun visitors! Two of Tom's brothers came...Dave (with Channing and kids dallin, annie, and baby davey), and Jeff (with 6 month pregnant wife, Kari). We had a blast with them! It was just a perfect mix of relaxation, entertainment, hanging out, and eating! (Well, a little more eating than normal!)

I broke out the china and goblets for the occasion. (Adults only, of course)
Tom: Why don't we save the china for a different occasion.
Me: Like what? What is more important than Thanksgiving?
Tom: Things like Christmas Eve dinner.
Me: And what else?
Tom: I don't know. Times when there aren't so many kids around.
Me: Like when we are in our 50's?

I mean seriously, is there ever going to be a "perfect" time to use the china? Of course, I forgot to take pictures of the table, food, and people all together. The food was amazing, and we had a fabulous time. We even ended the night with a talent show that everyone participated in! The start of a great tradition.
Braden lost his first tooth, and he felt so cool about it! Now he and Cameron have each lost just one tooth, the same one.
As for me, I've been keeping busy. The honest truth...

1. I like to work. Yes, I do. I've been going up to Tom's office a few times/week to help out. I put Jane down for a nap there while Braden is at school or occasionally drop the kids off at a friends house when it's a busy day there so I can help answer phones, check people in/out, etc. It is SO much easier going to work than being at home. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I love being a stay-at-home-mom. I love cooking, cleaning, laundry, homework, messes, fighting kids, and utter chaos, but every once in a while, it's nice to get a break and go to work!


2. I love my boys being just 18 months apart, but I REALLY like my baby being 4 years later!
Yes, the truth is, it is wonderful. For all of you who haven't had the experience of having a baby without having a two-year-old "helper", I highly suggest it! We enjoy her so much, and I enjoy doing everything I did with the boys all over again with her. She has 4 adoring fans at home.

Here is a little video clip...


We're looking forward to the holidays! Our first Christmas by ourselves in our own home! It'll be really fun!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Jane is such a cutie!! And I completely get what you are saying about going to work. You know you are a busy mom when heading to the office to work is like having a little break!

Kim said...

My kids are each about 4 years apart, and I wouldn't have it any other way! :)

Glad to hear you and your family are doing so well.

:) Kim

Anonymous said...

I love that Isaac is five years younger than Gabe and Hannah as well. It is soooo hard when you have that two year old "helper". We are thoroughly enjoying Isaac and it's fun to watch big brother and sister love him up too! Glad you all had a good Thanksgiving!

Kristi said...

Your kids are so big now and darling! I agree about the China, thanksgiving is a good a time as any. Actually growing up Thanksgiving and Christmas were the only times we used both the China and the formal dining room. Mike and I don't have either, though we are still only house renters. About the kids, I thought going from 2 to 3 kids was way easier than having the 2nd kid. I am sure this is because Lydia and Ethan are only 23 months apart and our last one Charlie is 3 years and 4 months younger than Ethan... much easier! Plus if you time it right the oldest is by then is kindergarten and then you only have 2 at home-this was our plan and it has worked out fabulously.

Brooke said...

Cute video clip of Jane. She looks too little to be walking. What a happy, smiley child. I love her.