Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas is coming...

I am SO behind on my christmas shopping, it's ridiculous. I feel like I'm running around constantly picking up this or that and I just can't seem to get it all done. I need a day to myself to just get everything for stockings, santa gifts, and odds and ends. I'm really not even doing that much, but when your kids TALK to Santa on the phone (thanks to a stupid program at the school) and he tells them that "I think I saw my elves making one of those just the other day", it's either I blow the secret right now or find a STUPID monster truck he's been asking for!

OK so back up a second. A few weeks ago I went to Costco with Cameron and he saw this huge RC monster truck. It's only like $40.00. Then later, he tells me he wants that for Christmas. He wrote santa at school and asked for it. He's been talking all about it. I go to Costco to get it and of course, it's SOLD OUT! I ask them to look it up in all the Costco stores around here and in the SEattle area and Las Vegas (have family grab it and ship it here). Of course, no luck . Sold out everywhere.

So then Cameron mentions it again and I tell him I tried to get it for him but it is gone gone gone everywhere and most likely Santa can't get it either b/c they are all gone. He looks sad, then a huge hopeful smile crosses his face as he says, "Mom, it's okay. I know Santa will just have one of his elves make me one!"
Then, of course, a few days later he "calls" santa and Santa confirms all his thoughts!
Just great for me!

3 comments:

Sarah Steele said...

Sold out everywhere? Even in Utah? Give me more specifics, Kim!!!! You can't kill his Santa Claus dream!!!! I will find him a monster truck!!!!!

Courtney said...

EWE!

Heather said...

Oh Kim good luck with that one!! I hope you figure something out. And what's wrong with seeing Santa in person these days? Technology is taking over - or santa is just too busy and keeps his blue tooth in his ear so he can work.