Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring Break...whew!

We enjoyed quite a spring break last week! Ready for a novel? Here goes!
It all started with a wedding in Seattle! JeVonne and Paul were married in the Seattle temple Saturday, March 22nd. It was SO great! JeVonne is always a babe, but I've never seen her this gorgeous! She was glowing...as most brides do!
Easter morning, I rushed off to the airport to fly to SLC to surprise my parents who were leaving for their mission Monday morning. I just had to see them one last time and get some pictures with Jane, since she'll be 2 years old when they return! It was a great trip! We saw my parents, then I was able to visit a few others.
We stayed with my sister, Emily, and Jane just LOVED her cousin Adam. He is 3 and was making her laugh any chance he could.
We were able to visit Great-G&G Hawkes in Spanish Fork, Utah.
Then I got to see Tiffany and her 4 kids (go Tiff!). It was fun to see little Camilla who is just a few weeks younger than Jane (although you wouldn't know by those cute cheeks!!!). With the exception of Roxy, Tiffany and I have had all three of our kids within a month of each other!
I finally made it up to Salt Lake to have lunch with friends Mandee and Heather (and see their darling girls), and then I just HAD to see the newest addition to the Cannon family (our old neighbors in sugarhouse), little redheaded Lily Cate. Lily is 2 weeks old! So cute!
Our Utah trip went by so fast and I only saw a fraction of the people I wanted to, but I guess that's what happens when I only have 2 days! We did pretty good though, huh?

I flew back to Seattle where Cameron was so excited to see me and Jane again (Tom flew back to work here in CDA and Braden drove with Aunt Chan and Uncle Dave to Portland). We had lunch with old friends, Catherine, Eryn, and Traci and our...let's count...10 kids (2 not there) and 2 on the way (holy cow...we multiplied fast)! It was so fun to catch up with them!
We attended Jakes soccer game that night with umbrellas and blankets (and at the end of the game the pouring rain turned into snow) and cameron FREAKED when we left 5 minutes before the game was over! He wanted to see it till the end!
We THEN went to Portland the next morning where we spent 2 1/2 FUN FILLED days with Aunt Chan, Uncle Dave, Cousin Dallin and Anne Marie. They all had an absolute blast together! THey just LOVE Dallin and Annie was right by Jane any chance she could get! I could go on for paragraphs about our fun times in Portland but this is already a novel! It was a great time and a great vacation. Now we are home and it's taken me about 3 days to unwind from it all! Whew!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like you've been all over this last little while! How fun to be with so many family members and friends.

dupaix5 said...

WOW! That made me tired just reading all that. That is a lot to cram in, in such a short amount of time. I will say I'm hurt you didn't call me and come stay with me. My basement is finished now. I'm just joking, I'm sure you had a lot of family and friends dying to see you and cute Jane. Maybe next time. I keep hoping that you guys are going to say you will be moving back to UTAH. But it doesn't sound like that is going to happen. How fun you got to see your parents. My parents just left yesterday to pick up Nic from his mission. ok sorry, now I have written a novel. I should just call you.

Lake said...

Do you remember how Brooke always talked about putting blush on her baby's cheecks so they'd be rosey. Little Jane has the rosiest cheecks I have ever seen. Do you put blush on them?

Sarah said...

Hey Kim - Sounds like you had a blast! You did so much, I couldn't keep track!! Janie is adorable!!!

Rhandi said...

Um . . . can I just say, THAT A GIRL! Wow you got every last drop out of spring break and I am very impressed! I think CDA is one of the best places on Earth so I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!