Monday, April 14, 2008

The Basement

So Tom has spent his spare time the last few months (well, 9 now) doing the basement. He framed it, sheetrocked it (thanks to his family for helping), tiled, did the trim work (thanks to Zack, my brother-in-law who is a creative genius...look for the railing...and basically the playhouse and deck was a copy of his idea from his home), and now we are just finishing painting the trim so the carpet can be installed when it comes in next week! I'm posting this b/c Tom's in Utah right now working for the week and wanted to show some of his friends who are finishing their basement right now, what he's done. Good job, hunny! He can use a dental drill and work in tiny kids mouths and now he can use a big drill, saw, hammer to do about whatever puts his mind to!

8 comments:

Logan said...

Wow! Great work here. Looks like you've been keeping very very busy. Now I know who I need to invite over when I need help finishing my basement some day.

team howey said...

Wow Kim, that fort is awesome! Very smart to make a room you so you can do something while watching the kids play. We never used our basement because I hated being down there...then the kids always wanted to be where I was. Looks amazing, you've done a great job!

tiff said...

that playhouse is awesome, Meg said that she wants one now. I can't wait to visit.

Harris said...

I am so impressed!! It looks awesome- we keep thinking we want to finish our basement. Those are some really great ideas.

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

Kim it looks great! Thanks for posting the video. xoxo Kate

dupaix5 said...

Holy play room! I would never see my kids if they had a play room that cool. I love it. How fun to have your basement done. It looks great.

Muranda said...

i LOVE it! can tom please come and redo ours? you two are so darling to make such a fun playroom for your kiddos!

Rhandi said...

Fantastic! When we build our house we may just have to copy you! We are bugged that NO ONE in California has basements! Our first purchase may be a finished home, but when we build our own we are putting in a basement! Even if we have to get a builder from Utah or Idaho.

Tom did such a great job! Very Impressive!