Monday, December 3, 2007

Let it snow!!!

We had our first big snow storm here in CDA! The boys have been having so much fun playing in it! I thought they'd be more like their mom (wimpy) and get cold but they stay out for an hour to two every time they go out! Here is our sweet baby Jane. She is 5 weeks now. I swear she is going to start smiling any day now! She is really focusing on faces and objects. It's fun to watch her grow, but I'm sad she's not my little 6 1/2 pound baby anymore. She's about 9 pounds now! I don't know how the heck some women push out a baby this big!
We went with the Gattens and cut down a Christmas tree! I stayed in the car with Lizzy, Sally, and Jane (I told you...I'm a wimp!). It was 20 degrees out and snowing. The kids had a blast though (except Braden who fell down so many times and got frozen!).
"Can I hold Janie?" is a question I hear ALL the time! I rarely say no, except when she's sleeping so peacefully and I don't want little boys disturbing her. She is a really great baby, most of the time. I think I figured out I can't drink milk. We had a really fussy time with her and I decided to try to stop drinking milk and the next day she was an angel! Then yesterday I decided to have one bowl of cereal with milk and sure enough, all afternoon she was fussy and kicking her legs. This morning it is gone. Hopefully its as easy as cutting out milk!




2 comments:

Sarah Steele said...

I can't believe your sweet little girl is 5 weeks old already! And she's almost up to Logan's birth weight! Hehe...we miss you guys! But it's so good to hear you're doing so well! And congrats on the Minivan!!!

Susan May said...

Kimmy, I had to give up dairy when Marisol was about that age too. She got really bad eczema and was screaming at night for a couple of hours. When I cut out the dairy her eczema cleared up in a day and so did the screaming! It was a little hard (I started eating dairy again when she was around 6-7 months I think) but it was totally worth it! Sounds like things are going well.