Monday, February 15, 2010

dreams

do you believe in dreams?
when jane was less than one week old I dreamed i had a new baby boy. we named him tommy. it was really real to me. i think it was a little vision telling me i wasn't done having kids, there was another special someone out there going to join our family some day. for those few minutes in my dream, i loved this little boy.

we don't know what we are having. but 2 nights ago i had another dream that I had a baby boy. this one was more brief, just a dream of a naked baby after birth...definately a boy!

then last night another dream! and another boy. last night was the first wierd one...the labor and delivery was a piece of cake, and then I saw him, and he had a tooth. random, i know! but I was in love with him. (Tom has had to pull a few teeth on newborns...really rare, but it does happen.)

So needless to say, if this baby comes out and is a girl, I will be VERY surprised!
7 weeks to go. 5-6 weeks to go I'm as early as Braden and Jane. Yes, I'm already counting because yes, I am starting to get uncomfortable!

6 comments:

Amy M. said...

Yes, I believe in these dreams. My grandparents were done having kids (youngest one was eight)when she dreamed about a blue-eyed baby boy. Sure enough, she ended up getting pregnant and having that blue eyed boy.
A few years ago I read a book by an LDS author who compiled people's dreams (and the like) about children they were supposed to have.
It'll be interesting to see if you have a boy.

Unknown said...

Carrie and I are pregnant with #4 and she really wants to find out what we are having, but I think it's time to have a surprise. I'll suggest she pray to have a dream to find out. That's sounds like a much better experience.
We need to have you guys over for dinner sometime soon!
-Ryan.

Colleen said...

I definitely believe in dreams, although I can't say how many times I've dreamed I was having a girl...and you know how that's gone! :) And Tommy is the best name ever, as I am sure you agree. Our Tommy is a dream baby!

Susan May said...

I dreamed I was having a girl with Marisol early on... later I dreamed boy, but I think it was because I was trying to be "ok" with either one ;-) With Gerry I thought it was a boy from the start!

Can't believe you only have 5-7 more weeks! So exciting :-) Can you post some pregnant pictures, I love them :-)

Also glad that you dreamed the birth was a piece of cake! That is awesome!!!

Brooke said...

Kimmy, I can't believe you are so close!

So, if this baby is a girl, I guess that means you'll have to get prego again to get little Tommy down to your family:).

the Lola Letters said...

I'm excited to find out what you get! My money is on a boy too - with all that boy dreamin' going on!

Why do they pull their teeth if babies are born with them? Won't they be toothless in that spot until they are 6-7 years old and their permanent teeth come in? I am intrigued!