Tuesday, June 30, 2009

travel, travel, travel

So it all started with a trip to Utah. We drove down for a family reunion and used 1 1/2 days on each end to visit with a few friends & family. I didn't get pictures of it all, as I am a terrible picture taker these days! I just forget all the time!
First, on our way down to the reunion, we saw my old roomie Tiff, and my kids just LOVED staying a night with them. All 3 of my kids are within a month of tiffany's kids (Braden and meg just a day apart). They really do have a bond. I think they'll be friends forever!

Jane found a bosom buddy in Camilla. They were two peas in a pod, chasing the kitten, running around the house. Seriously, the cutest things I have ever seen!Braden terrorized Meg, and she LOVED every minute of it! No shyness when my kids are with these kids!
Cameron and Cooper read a WHoLE Captain Underpants book in the few short hours we had there. They thought it was SO funny! They took turns reading aloud...so cute!

One reason I think they'll be friends forever is b/c here is my mom and her old college roommate who have stayed in touch all these years. My sisters and I got to be friends with Francie's girls 20 years ago and we've been great friends ever since. Heather even stayed with me in NY one summer for a few weeks! Now she has 3 kids (Kaden (Cameron's age), Kameryn (Braden's age), and Ellie (a year older than Jane)). We had a great afternoon visiting with them after our reunion. Francie made us a wonderful lunch in the park!I love cousins. We got to see some of my cousins on my mom's side that grew up on the East coast with us. Amy and Abby, my beautiful, fun, amazingly talented cousins that I haven't seen in YEARS! I'm so glad we got to spend a little time with them!
We also got to see Grandpa and Grandma Hawkes for a few hours. Always great to see them!


People I LOVED to see but didn't get a picture...

Sugarhouse friends and old neighbors...thanks for squeezing me in for the few hours we had!!!

Cam and Mandee...thanks for the guest room!!!

TheTree Family...thanks for letting us stay the night! So lucky to have family like you!

Writing about it, I'm amazed I fit it all in with the few short days I had, one before and one after our reunion at Aspen grove!
I wish we had more time b/c there are a million people I would have loved to visit with!






1 comment:

Amy said...

So sorry I missed you. Hope you make it back soon.